Somewhere on the internet, can’t find the link
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5) - the hardest part is slicing the cranberries in halves :-)
- 2 cups cranberries (sliced in halves)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 tsp grated orange (or mixed citrus) zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
1. Place in a medium casserole dish 2 cups cranberries (sliced in two), 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed), 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (grated rind of an orange, no white pith). Stir together well. Cover. Bake 1 hour in an oven pre-heated to 250F.
2. After baking, remove from oven, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. You’ll notice some of the sugar will have collected on the bottom. A good stir will fix this and nicely incorporate the final vanilla flavoring.