Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 3 (out of 5)
- 240 g bittersweet chocolate (410 cal)
- 120 g prunes (290 cal)
- 200 g heavy whipping cream (690 cal)
- 1 tbsp brandy (10 cal)
- cocoa powder (20 cal) or shredded roasted walnuts for coating
Total 1420 cal, 20 truffles, 71 cal/truffle
1. Coarsely chop the chocolate. Puree the prunes in a blender.
2. Bring the whipping cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix well until all the chocolate melts and you get a smooth paste. Add the prunes and the brandy and mix in. Let the mix cool in the fridge overnight.
3. Using a teaspoon scoop out small pieces of the cold mix, form balls with your hands, dip in the cocoa powder or the shredded walnuts to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill again. Store in the refrigerator.
These truffles are very soft, partially thanks to the prunes. The prunes also add a light sourish flavor. I love these.