Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 2 oz / 60 g shrimp (50 cal)
- 1 oz/ 30 g corn (25 cal)
- 1 garlic clove (5 cal)
- 1 tsp canola oil (40 cal)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (5 cal)
- 1/2 medium zucchini (15 cal)
- 1 tsp sauerkraut
- 1 tsp yogurt (5 cal)
- dried basil, salt and pepper to taste
Total 225 cal, 1 serving
1. Cut the zucchini in 4 slices lengthwise, brush the top with a little bit of oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried basil, and bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 20 minutes. I used half of the zucchini (2 slices) for this recipe, but having the full zucchini would only add 15 calories.
2. In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan, finely chop the garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the shrimps and the corn and cook for 5 more minutes on low-medium heat.
4. Season with dried basil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth if the shrimp sticks to the pan (the broth has much less calories than oil or butter, and works pretty well for sauteing). Cook for 5-10 more minutes until done.
5. The shrimp and the zucchini should be done at about the same time. Serve with yogurt (for zucchini) and sauerkraut, or whatever else you prefer.
An easy, quick and light meal. Very nice if you’re watching your calories, and even if you don’t.