... with cottage cheese - 125 calories apiece. Can also be made into ice cream.
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 350 g cottage cheese (320 cal)
- 450 g canned peaches with juice (245 cal)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (820 cal)
- 1/4 cup sugar (195 cal)
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 oranges (160 cal)
- 10 strawberries (220 cal)
Total 1960 cal, 16 servings, 125 cal / serving
1. In a food processor blend the cottage cheese with the canned peaches until completely smooth.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup of lukewarm water and let stand for about 3-4 minutes. Stir well and heat the gelatin water until all the gelatin melts. Mix the gelatin water into the cottage cheese.
3. Beat the heavy cream with the sugar until stiff. Carefully fold the cottage cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Pour the mousse into 16 1/2 cup ramekins.
4. Peel and cut the oranges into wedges, slice the strawberries and place in the ramekins on top of the mousse. Let set in a fridge for about 2 hours.
- You can serve the mousse with chocolate shavings, cookie crumb, syrup and fruit.
- For ice cream skip the gelatin and simply freeze the cottage cheese - whipping cream mixture. I don’t have an ice cream maker, without which the result is more of an icicle than an ice cream, but the taste is still good.