Adapted from the Food Obsessed blog
Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 2 (out of 5)
- 350 g extra firm tofu (400 cal)
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cabbage leaves, finely shredded (10 cal)
- 2 medium sized carrots, finely shredded (40 cal)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (5 cal)
- 2 tbsp garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked (155 cal)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (20 cal)
- 1/3 cup tahini (390cal)
- 3 tbsp tamarind sauce (70 cal)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (110 cal)
Total 15 tofu balls, 1200 cal, 80 cal / ball
1. In a food processor, grind the tofu until its texture resembles that of breadcrumbs.
2. Pour the cornmeal onto a dry clean plate and set aside.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse several times until mixed well.
4. Scoop large balls with an ice-cream scoop and roll in the cornmeal to coat the balls. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Very nice, crumbly and light balls, somewhat resemble falafel, probably because of the tahini :-).
- These balls are great with some yogurt sauce. Sonia used a mint flavored sauce, I had a lot of cucumbers, so I added those as well.